About the JFLA Legacy Society
The JFLA Legacy Society is crucial to ensuring the future of the unique and valuable service JFLA provides to our community. Your gift will create a legacy and help make a difference in the lives of those who need it most!
The JFLA Legacy Society is a vehicle for individuals and families to help JFLA continue our mission through planned giving opportunities. Each gift JFLA receives helps make a difference in the lives of others in perpetuity, because as loans are repaid, new loans are able to be made. We are grateful to our supporters who, year after year, recognize the incredible value of a donation to JFLA.
Ways to Give: Planned Gifts That Support JFLA
The most common type of donation we receive is an outright gift to JFLA. But sometimes, our donors prefer to hold onto their assets, in order to make sure they can meet their family’s future financial needs. If that matches your situation, you have several excellent alternatives that may provide you with important personal benefits, while simultaneously providing a future gift to JFLA and our clients:
- Bequest in Will or TrustAn easy way to make a future gift to JFLA. You can designate the amount JFLA receives as a specific dollar amount, a percentage, or a share of the residue.
- Gift of Retirement AssetsEliminates the twofold taxation (income and estate tax) on your retirement plan assets with no out-of-pocket costs to you.
- Gift of Life InsuranceDesignates JFLA as the owner and beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy.
- Charitable Gift AnnuitySimultaneously providing a charitable donation, an income tax deduction and a guaranteed lifetime income stream, this gift involves an individual transferring assets to JFLA in exchange for a tax benefit and a lifetime annuity.
- Charitable Remainder TrustDesigned to reduce the taxable income of individuals, this trust first disperses income to the beneficiaries of the trust for a specified period of time at a fixed amount or percentage, followed by a donation to the remainder of the trust to JFLA
Recognition And Thanks
Our Legacy Society members will be acknowledged in a variety of different ways, including:
- Inclusion and inscription on the JFLA Legacy Society Scroll of Honor
- Special listing in the JFLA Annual Report
- The opportunity to name a loan fund in honor or memory of a loved one
Become A Member Of The JFLA Legacy Society Today!
To join The JFLA Legacy Society or discuss future giving options to JFLA, please call our Director of Major Gifts, Elliot Friedland, at 323.761.8830 x 106.