Educational assistance is a priority for Jewish Free Loan Association. Since the establishment of the first student loan program in 1988, Jewish Free Loan Association has assisted more than 3,000 students with interest-free loans totaling more than $8 million.
We are proud to offer interest-free loans to students of all faiths in the greater Los Angeles area. Loans are available for technical, vocational and trade school and undergraduate and graduate education. Loan amounts average $3,000, with reduced payments while students are in school, increasing three months after graduation. Students must be enrolled full-time with a GPA over 2.5 and two California guarantors over 25 years old with steady incomes and good credit.
Please note: loan amounts and residency requirements vary depending on the program. One guarantor is needed for any amount up to $3,500. Two guarantors are required for loans over $3,500.
Larger, interest-free loans, up to $10,000 are now available for undergraduate students! Learn more.
Loans are also available for Israel Experience Programs and Jewish teen tours.
Please note that the Jewish Free Loan does not fund loans for For-Profit Universities. Please consult the IRS list to determine if your institution of choice is For-Profit here: https://apps.irs.gov/app/eos/. We encourage you to visit Jewish Vocational Service’s website for information on their need-based scholarship program for Jewish residents of Los Angeles.
Jewish Free Loan Association is proud to offer student loans from the following Donor-Directed Loan Programs:
- Aron and Joan Abecassis Student Education Fund
- Maurice Amado Foundation Student Loan Program
- Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker Graduate Student Loan Program
- Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker Israel Experience Loan Program
- Anna & Harry Borun Foundation Student Nurse Loan Program
- Brandman Foundation Loan Program for Nursing Students*
- Dr. Penrose L. Desser & Dr. Bella F. Schimmel Medical Student Loan Program
- Max Factor Family Foundation Loan Program for Students of Public Health
- Ruth & Jack Hirsch Family Art Student Loan Program
- Jewish Communal Student Loan Program
- Kohn Family Fund for the Arts
- Kornfeld Accounting Student Loan Program
- Lieblich Loan Program for Students of Music
- Edward Meltzer Student Loan Program for Undergraduate Students
- Leah & Dr. William Molle Macro Medical Student Loan Fund
- Albert Parvin Foundation Applied Education Loan Program
- I. William Schimmel & Blanche I. Schimmel Law Student Loan Program
- Patricia & Stanley Silver Loan Program for Art Students
- Mitchell J. Stein Student Loan Program
- Victor & Nancy Snider Educational Loan Program
- S. Mark Taper Foundation Loan Program for Students of Environmental Studies
- Ziering Family Student Loan Program
Or, if you’re interested in a student loan fill out a Pre-Loan Application