Educational assistance is a priority for JFLA. Since the establishment of the first Student Loan Fund in 1988, JFLA has assisted more than 3,000 students with interest-free loans totaling more than $8 million.
We are proud to offer interest-free loans to students of all faiths in the Greater Los Angeles area. Loans are available for technical, vocational and trade school and undergraduate and graduate education. Loan amounts average $3,000, with reduced payments while students are in school, increasing three months after graduation. Students must be enrolled full-time with a GPA over 2.5 and two CA co-signers over 25 with a steady income and good credit. Please note: loan amounts and residency requirements vary depending on the program.
Loans are also available for Israel Experience Programs and Jewish teen tours.
For more information please contact Natalie Shy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Adina Kraus at email@example.com (Valley Office) or if you are interested in our student loan program, fill out a Pre-Application today to get started!
We encourage you to visit Jewish Vocational Service’s website for information on their need-based scholarship program for Jewish residents of Los Angeles.
JFLA is proud to offer student loans from the following Donor-Directed Loan Funds:
- Aron and Joan Abecassis Student Education Fund
- Maurice Amado Foundation Student Loan Fund
- Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker Graduate Student Loan Fund
- Newton D. & Rochelle F. Becker Israel Experience Loan Fund
- Anna & Harry Borun Foundation Student Nurse Loan Fund
- Brandman Foundation Loan Fund for Nursing Students*
- Dr. Penrose L. Desser & Dr. Bella F. Schimmel Medical Student Loan Fund
- Max Factor Family Foundation Loan Fund for Students of Public Health
- Ruth & Jack Hirsch Family Art Student Loan Fund
- Jewish Communal Student Loan Fund
- Kornfeld Accounting Student Loan Fund
- Lieblich Loan Fund for Students of Music
- Edward Meltzer Student Loan Fund for Undergraduate Students
- Albert Parvin Foundation Applied Education Loan Fund
- I. William Schimmel & Blanche I. Schimmel Law Student Loan Fund
- Patricia & Stanley Silver Loan Fund for Art Students
- Mitchell J. Stein Student Loan Fund
- Victor & Nancy Snider Educational Loan Fund
- S. Mark Taper Foundation Loan Fund for Students of Environmental Studies
- Ziering Family Student Loan Fund