- Through the Platform;
- Through email, text, and other electronic communications between you and the Platform, including via third party electronic messaging platforms;
- For the purpose of registering with or creating an account on the Platform; and
- When you interact with the Platform through third-party websites and services.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Any other means, including through any other application or website operated by JFLA or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or through the Platform.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect certain types of information from and about users of the Platform, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified (“personal information”), including your name, location, employer, residential and workplace address, email address, and telephone or cell phone number;
- Sensitive personal information (“SPI”), such as your Social Security Number, marital status, driver’s license, demographic information, and a description of your finances and salary, including paystubs and tax returns;
- Regarding your income and property, including paystubs, tax returns, utility bills, mortgage or rental agreements, and payment history;
- Provided to us by your employer, personal references, or guarantors;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Platform, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- From you when you provide it to us or a third party working on our behalf through the Platform or through other means, including in person or via telephone;
- From the guarantors or personal references you provide to us; and
- Automatically as you navigate through the Platform.
Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Platform, when submitting loan applications, making donations, or participating in surveys. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Platform;
- Information that you provide to us or a third party working on our behalf outside the Platform, including in person or via telephone;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Information about your spouse, civil partner, and other individuals you include in your loan application as personal references or guarantors (“Third Party Personal Information”);
- Testimonials you provide to us about your experience using the Platform or otherwise interacting with us (the “Testimonials”); and
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
You agree that you will obtain consent from the relevant third party prior to providing to us or inputting to the Platform any Third Party Personal Information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use certain technologies for automatic data collection in connection with the Platform, including:
Web Beacons. Pages of the Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit JFLA, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Consent to Obtain Information from Third Parties
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the Platform and its contents to you and to enable your use of the Platform;
- To provide you with information that you request from us;
- To make decisions on your loan application;
- To process credit and background checks with the relevant third parties;
- To administer, service, or collect any loan;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
- To contact you (including via email and phone) with general information about our initiatives, marketing campaigns, surveys or other promotional activities;
- To notify you about changes to the Platform;
- To comply with applicable law or court orders and to exercise or defend our legal rights or the rights of others;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- With credit reporting agencies, credit bureaus, social service agency, and other financial regulatory bodies;
- With third party marketing consultants we have retained in order for such third party marketing consultants to contact you regarding your participation in anonymized studies. You are under no obligation to participate in such marketing studies, and your personal information will not be used for purposes of cross-context behavioral advertising;
- To any employers or other supervisory entities with which you are affiliated that require, permit, oversee, or supervise your use of the Platform;
- To governmental and nonprofit entities with which we coordinate in connection with deployment of the Platform;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support us and the Platform and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of JFLA’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JFLA about the Platform users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service, available at Terms of Service; or
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of JFLA, our partners, affiliates, personnel, or others.
Aggregated or pseudonymized data that does not directly identify you may be shared with third parties for educational, informational, or promotional purposes.
Retention of Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change certain of your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page. There may be some information that you provide to us or input to the Platform that you may change only by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correction or deletion of any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement, breach an existing contract, cause the information to be incorrect, or if retention of such information is necessary for record keeping, operating the Platform, or the performance and delivery of JFLA’s services.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password, as applicable, with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.